Read Online or Download Upgrading of Fire Safety in Nuclear Powerplants (IAEA TECDOC-1014) PDF
Similar nuclear books
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, the nationwide booklet Award, and the nationwide booklet Critics Circle Award
TWENTY-FIVE YEARS after its preliminary ebook, The Making of the Atomic Bomb is still the seminal and whole tale of the way the bomb was once constructed, from the turn-of-the-century discovery of the sizeable power locked contained in the atom to the losing of the 1st bombs on Japan.
Few nice discoveries have advanced so swiftly—or were so misunderstood. From the theoretical discussions of nuclear strength to the intense glare of Trinity, there has been a span of not often greater than twenty-five years. What started as basically a fascinating speculative challenge in physics grew into the long island venture, after which into the bomb, with scary rapidity, whereas scientists recognized in basic terms to their peers—Szilard, Teller, Oppenheimer, Bohr, Meitner, Fermi, Lawrence, and von Neumann—stepped from their ivory towers into the limelight.
Richard Rhodes provides the definitive tale of man’s so much striking discovery and invention. advised in wealthy human, political, and medical element, The Making of the Atomic Bomb is a story travel de strength and a rfile with literary strength commensurate with its topic.
- Risk Management of Non-Renewable Energy Systems
- Atomic Collision Theory
- Comprehensive Nuclear Materials, Volume 5: Material Performance and Corrosion / Waste Materials
- Nuclear Energy Encyclopedia: Science, Technology, and Applications
- Advances in Nuclear Physics: Volume 2
- Learning about Energy
Extra resources for Upgrading of Fire Safety in Nuclear Powerplants (IAEA TECDOC-1014)
This discussion focuses on the publications developed as a result of the IAEA Fire Safety project. 25 Beginning in the spring of 1992 and continuing through the fall of 1996, initial draft documents for the seven new publications were created. Formal review and comments on each document were solicited from the technical representatives of the Member States. Technical enhancements were incorporated during the review process through a series of technical meetings held at the Agency's offices in Vienna.
2) The speed of the evaluation was often slowed by language barriers, particularly when reviewing documents in a language foreign to the Team members. Whenever practical, translation of key documents into English was requested. In all cases, interpreters were available throughout the mission. 39 3) The IAEA Safety Series was written for new plant design. Plants of older design often employed very different principles and means in fire protection. While the installed features of a plant were compared to requirements in the Safety Series, the intention was not to provide a pass-fail type of result.
It also recommends that the fire hazard analysis take into consideration the differences in design, construction, and fire safety philosophy among nuclear power plants. All of these factors play a part in determining the level of fire safety needed for the specific plant being analyzed. The fire hazard analysis evaluation must include a determination of whether the analysis is using the fire containment approach or the fire influence approach. These different approaches are defined in the Agency's design Safety Guide as follows: As a result of the integrity of the fire barrier around each fire compartment, the spread of a fire from one compartment to another is prevented and thus the concept of segregation of items important to safety can be achieved for the periods specified for the fire barriers.
Upgrading of Fire Safety in Nuclear Powerplants (IAEA TECDOC-1014)