By Philipp K. Janert
Gnuplot in motion, moment Edition is an enormous revision of this renowned and authoritative advisor for builders, engineers, and scientists who are looking to study and use gnuplot successfully. totally up-to-date for gnuplot model five, the e-book contains 4 pages of colour illustrations and 4 bonus appendixes to be had within the eBook.
Purchase of the print ebook features a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Gnuplot is an open-source photos application that is helping you study, interpret, and current numerical info. on hand for Unix, Mac, and home windows, it really is well-maintained, mature, and absolutely free.
About the Book
Gnuplot in motion, moment Edition is a huge revision of this authoritative consultant for builders, engineers, and scientists. The ebook starts off with an academic advent, by means of a scientific evaluate of gnuplot's center positive factors and entire insurance of gnuplot's complicated functions. skilled readers will enjoy the dialogue of gnuplot 5's positive aspects, together with new plot forms, superior textual content and colour dealing with, and aid for interactive, web-based exhibit codecs. The booklet concludes with chapters on graphical results and normal strategies for figuring out info with graphs. It comprises 4 pages of colour illustrations. 3D pix, false-color plots, heatmaps, and multivariate visualizations are coated in chapter-length appendixes to be had within the eBook.
Updated to hide gnuplot model 5
- Creating varieties of graphs in detail
- Animations, scripting, batch operations
- Extensive dialogue of terminals
About the Reader
No past adventure with gnuplot is needed. This publication concentrates on useful functions of gnuplot suitable to clients of all levels.
About the Author
Philipp ok. Janert, PhD, is a programmer and scientist. he's the writer of numerous books on information research and utilized math and has been a gnuplot strength consumer and developer for over 20 years.
Table of Contents
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
- Prelude: figuring out information with gnuplot
- Tutorial: crucial gnuplot
- The middle of the problem: the plot command
PART 2 developing GRAPHS
- Managing facts units and files
- Practical issues: strings, loops, and history
- A catalog of styles
- Decorations: labels, arrows, and explanations
- All approximately axes
PART three gaining knowledge of TECHNICALITIES
- Color, sort, and appearance
- Terminals and output formats
- Automation, scripting, and animation
- Beyond the defaults: workflow and styles
PART four figuring out DATA
- Basic innovations of graphical analysis
- Topics in graphical analysis
- Coda: knowing information with graphs